Saturday, November 19, 2011

Penne Pasta Bake

Let's just say that if I had it my way we would eat, breathe and sleep pasta. But since I have people around here who like a little meat this definitely pleased everyone. I really liked this dish. It is just a little different than eating our normal spaghetti. I found this recipe at Chef-n-Training and she has some easy recipes but beware most of them are desserts. 


PENNE PASTA BAKE

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 medium yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
16 oz. penne pasta
2 (26 oz) marinara sauce jars
6 slices provolone cheese
6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
16 oz. sour cream

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.  Add penne pasta and cook until done (about 12 minutes) then drain.

In a large skillet, brown diced onion, 3 cloves of minced garlic and ground beef over MEDIUM heat.  Add spaghetti sauce and warm through.

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Lightly oil or spray a 9x13 baking dish.

Layer as follows; 1/2 pasta, 16 oz sour cream, 6 slices of provolone cheese, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining pasta, remaining sauce mixture, 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese.

Bake 35 minutes at 350 F or until cheese melts

Side Notes: I only use 1 jar of marinara because 2 is way too much for me and I didn't like having a 2nd layer of noodles because they went hard and crispy. 


1 comment: