Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken

I have always liked the idea of Hawaiian Haystacks...rice with cream of chicken topped with chow mein and fruits/vegies, but I wanted something a little different. I went to my favorite recipe site allrecipes.com and found this one. I really liked it, although I would put in less red pepper flakes. I served it over brown rice. 




Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken

  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin (I omitted these)
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
  • 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour




No comments:

Post a Comment