Friday, December 2, 2011

Minestrone Soup

Confession: I LOVE SOUP, but I am picky about my soup so when I find one I like I jump for joy. I have always liked minestrone but lets face it, everything tastes better fresh so I needed to find myself a recipe. Well I came across a website a while ago that has a lot of great healthy recipes. Trainner Momma has given me the courage to try things that I wouldn't normally try. Here is her version of minestrone soup. 



Minestrone Soup

2 cans of beans, drained (kidney, garbanzo, pinto, navy, whatever)
8 c chicken broth
1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
Baby carrots chopped in half length wise
2 stalks celery, chopped fine
2 medium or 1 large onion chopped fine
2 cloves of garlic
1 c whole wheat macaroni, uncooked
2 Tb parsley
2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil leaves
¼ tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1 ½ c or 1 can of cut green beans, drained
2 zucchini, cut small
Grated parmesan cheese

Add all ingredients except green beans and zuchinni. Simmer until tender, then add remaining two vegetables and cook until tender. Remove bay leaf, then serve with cheese on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment